2022 Primal Vinyasa™ Online & In-Studio Training with Annie Adamson
Now (as self-study online) & March 4th-8th (in-studio)
Break free from habitual patterns of movement and teaching in an authentic and accessible online learning environment.
Deepen your relationship with nature and discover your true, personal, movement style. Reclaim your birthright and help others do the same.
Primal Vinyasa™ is fun, intelligent, spirited, tissue rehab training that will help you become a more authentic and intuitive expression of your own unique body and voice. With Primal Vinyasa™ Yoga you’ll get a custom, comprehensive remapping of your movement inside and outside of the yoga studio, gym, classroom, job site… everywhere you go!
INTRO CLASS & PRE-COURSE OVERVIEW
PRE-COURSEWORK, AS SOON AS YOU REGISTER
ORIENTATION TO LIVE PLATFORM
PRIMAL VINYASA™ COURSE CURRICULUM REVIEW & CERTIFICATION
Online & In-Studio Hybrid Intensive
This is a complete 6 month training designed to be taken in a 5-day In-Studio intensive format following one month of required online pre-coursework. This hybrid training program designed in this way as it allows for accessibility for those already occupied by careers, family and the natural flow of life.
Primal Vinyasa™ is fun, spirited, tissue rehab training that will help you become a more authentic and intuitive expression of your own unique body and voice. With Primal Vinyasa™ Yoga you’ll get a custom, comprehensive remapping of your movement in and out of the yoga studio, gym, classroom, job site… everywhere you go! Deepen your relationship with nature and discover your true, personal, movement style. Reclaim your birthright and help others do the same.
- To design and lead revolutionary Primal Vinyasa™ classes.
- Functional biomechanics beyond yoga asana
- Anatomically-based breathing techniques and effective ways of pairing
them with diverse patterns of movement
- “Progressions” and “regressions,” custom fit for individual students to ensure
that nobody is excluded from practice and everyone can be appropriately
- To perform client assessments with intakes for one-on-one sessions
- More authentic and expressive language communication
- Skill/drill based sequencing formula for designing breakthrough
- To design a cohesive class map that includes a relevant theme.
- To be a stronger host for facilitating groups (i.e. retreats, women’s circles,
men’s groups, etc.)
- More influential leadership skills
- Therapeutic ‘drills’ that transcend and include yoga asanas
- How to ask better questions and get more coherent answers
- Elements and Ayurveda as teaching tools
- To lead somatic embodiment meditations
- To enable long-lasting healing for yourself and others
- To reclaim your body’s natural rhythm and encourage others to do the same
Who Is This Training For?
This is a training for people interested in helping others authentically inhabit their bodies. Teachers, coaches, health-care professionals, and other professionally-minded individuals who understand that movement is a gift, and it’s everyone’s birthright.
Are you interested in practicing and teaching therapeutically-oriented movement that prioritizes authenticity over conformity?
This training is for dedicated ‘helpers’ seeking yoga that’s rooted in an understanding of human development and aimed at de-patterning inefficient programing so students can be free to celebrate their body and soul. We teach teachers how to help students do the same.
Each person and each body has a unique perspective on healing. Those interested in this program are likely to share common interests with our past participants. Past participants reported that they signed up for the following reasons…
- Curious to learn more about biomechanics and how to heal the body from the inside out.
- Wanted to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Trying to figure out how to bring primal movement into work, studio, town, community…
- Ready to break through to another level in body and in life.
- Desired to be part of a global community of movement practitioners.
- Are a healer interested in becoming a more effective in their work.
Primal Vinyasa Training Certificate Requirements
- 1 month online pre-coursework and 5-day in-studio scheduled time commitment plus time to complete certification.
- Online video conferences
- Pre-Coursework of Drill Video Review
- Demonstrate ability to use Primal Vinyasa skills and concepts
- Pass video review to obtain certification post program
Online Pre-coursework: As soon as you register – March 1st
3 Scheduled Zoom Video Calls:
Intro Class & Pre-Coursework Overview February 16thnd, 2 – 5pm
Orientation to In-Studio Platform March 1st, 2-5pm
Course Curriculum Review and Certification April 5th, 2 – 5pm
In Studio: March 4th – March 8th, 2-8pm
- Module #1 FUNDAMENTALS
- Module #2 CONTRALATERAL
- Module #3 SENSORY PROCESSING
- Module #4 GROUND REACTION FORCE
- Module #5 MIGRATION
- Module #6 PRIMAL REHAB
- Module #7 SEQUENCING
- Module #8 APPLICATION
CURRICULUM MATERIAL AND OTHER HIGHLIGHTS
- An information-packed workbook for designing sequences and working with one on one clientele.
- Online access to curriculum content via Google Classroom.
- Multiple practice sessions. Your full participation as a student allows you to integrate the skills you learn in program to carry out into real life application.
- This program is designed to empower and awaken your teaching experience, intentionally constructed interactive pre-coursework, zoom video calls, and the 5-day in-person intensive hold this training as a container for powerful leadership and healing.
- Leadership development from Annie Adamson.
- Essential language skill building.
- 200 Hours Yoga Alliance Approved Continuing Education
Meet Your Guide
Annie Adamson is co-owner of Yoga Union Community Wellness Center and founder of Primal Vinyasa Yoga. She has over fifteen years experience teaching yoga, workshops, and trainings. Her deep love of mythology, natural movement, and the study of the Earth Medicine traditions with Pixie Lighthorse has greatly inspired her work. She has studied yoga therapeutics with Doug Keller and apprenticed with Tami Kent in Holistic Pelvic Care™ for women. Annie has also participated in multiple courses in KMI and Anatomy Trains.
As a clinician, she has extensive one on one teaching experience with hundreds of committed clients whom she has effectively taught to help themselves using the tools of yoga, mindfulness, functional movement, and natural medicine. Annie is the creator of Holistic Yoga Therapeutics™, training and certifying a thriving community of yoga practitioners in her clinical body of work. Also a practicing herbalist, Annie is currently enjoying the Herbal Mastery program with Sajah Popham. Annie is inspired by the great mystery of life, nature, community, family, and of course, making new friends!
Philosophy Of Primal Vinyasa
We are naturally dynamic, strong, flexible, and deeply intuitive. Our bodies are born to move, but in our modern world too much repetition often leads to stagnation, injury and pain. Healthy movement is diverse movement. Primal Vinyasa is an intelligent, functional mobility training that will teach you the skills for more advanced poses while transcending the boundaries of traditional yoga practice. Tap into your strong center through a thoughtful progression of strength training and mind-body-awareness practices; remember your innate capacity for relaxed, balanced, and powerful movement.
Non-refundable Deposit – $500
Secures training participation. (Deposit contributes to training balance).
All-Inclusive Primal Vinyasa Program
Package – $2,200
Hybrid Program plus Primal Vinyasa props: Danda™ & Apex™. Everything you need to become a Primal Vinyasa teacher plus 6 months study support. Last day to register for program is February 15th, 2020.
All Payments are non-refundable.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if this program is right for me?
- You want to make a difference in people’s lives.
- You want to learn more about biomechanics and how to heal the body from the inside out.
- You want to bring Primal Vinyasa to your studio, town, place of work.
- You are ready to break through to another level in your body or life.
- You have a desire to be part of a global community of movement practitioners.
- You are a healer or are interested in becoming one.
What will I learn in Primal Vinyasa’s training course?
- To lead and sequence Primal Vinyasa Classes
- The biomechanics of body movements and how to assess drills to create transformation
- Lead breathing techniques to pair with movement patterns natural to the bodies anatomy
- How to modify and uplevel drills related to injury prevention and injury rehab
- How to perform and assess client intakes for one on one sessions
- Clear communication skills and language tools for assessing client intakes and leading Primal Vinyasa classes
- How to incorporate the medicine wheel and the calling in of the 4 directions
- Build a support system to integrate the content into everyday movements and continued studentship
- This training is designed to give you a global understanding of Primal Vinyasa, to inspire long term healing and give you the necessary tools to reclaim the natural rhythm of your body
Do I need a certification in order to teach Pirmal Vinyasa classes?
- Certification is required in order to market yourself as a Primal Vinyasa instructor or to market a class/workshop with the name of “Primal Vinyasa.”
I don’t want to get certified right now, I want to start teaching. Is that ok?
- You are welcome to teach drills from Primal Vinyasa, however marketing as a Primal Vinyasa Teacher requires completion of all course curriculum and full certification.